TIME OUT is a little over three weeks away, and here at PLC we are very pleased about the day we’ve planned. As with last year, we have thought out the best ways to organize the event, provide networking opportunities and invite great speakers and facilitators in order to ensure attendees will experience learnings that will benefit themselves, their organizations and the sector as a whole.
TIME OUT’s Keynote Speaker and morning workshop Facilitator, Beth Kanter, will be sharing insights and strategies from her new book ‘The Happy Healthy Nonprofit: Strategies for Impact without Burnout’. Beth will not only be talking about self-care, but WE-care, as well; ensuring the health and strength of our organizations. Next week, Beth will guest blog for us so be sure to check it out.
Last year’s TIME OUT, (PLC’s first leadership forum), was a great success and attendees shared with us the reasons they loved the event, how they benefitted from squeezing it into their busy schedules, and whether they’d recommend the event to friends and colleagues. We’ve complied some of their responses below.
Question: What did you like best about TIME OUT 2016?
- ‘The networking opportunities’
- ‘Being unplugged for the day’
- ‘Learning from each other’
- ‘Connecting with other leaders from the sector’
- ‘The opportunity for self-care’
- ‘The small group and table discussions’
- ‘Chair massages and yoga’
Question: Which top learning will you take away with you?
- ‘Time to reflect is important. Take it easy, pause, think – create!’
- ‘Unplug and pace yourself’
- ‘The laser consulting helped to resolve issues at our organization’
- ‘How important it is to bring leaders together’
- ‘There are a lot of resources to help us in our work’
- ‘Accept failure’
Question: Would you recommend TIME OUT 2017 to a friend or colleague?
- ‘Yes Yes Yes GO!’
- ‘TIME OUT is practical and relevant’
- ‘Take time out! Professional development is key’
- ‘Yes. You will learn useful things and also have many chances to network and make new connections’
- ‘Yes, it’s a great networking opportunity’
- ‘Make time to do this!’
- ‘Yes! Give yourself this gift’
- ‘Do it! And get a massage. Thank you!’
Join us for TIME OUT 2017 on September 27th and connect with other nonprofit leaders, reflect on your leadership practice and learn new skills, strategies and methods for supporting the health and strength of your organization and our sector.
To learn more and to register, click HERE.
We hope you’ll join us for TIME OUT 2017!
This week’s blog was written by Tina de los Santos. Tina brings a diverse mix of nonprofit and business leadership to her role at PLC. Throughout her career she has been passionate about creating engaging learning experiences that support and inspire people’s professional and personal growth. Tina is our chief knowledge sharer and enjoys digitally connecting with other leaders in Peel to help them find great resources and learning tools.