Peel Leadership Centre Board of Directors – Call for Applications
Do you have a passion for building strong organizations? Do you want to help grow strong nonprofit leadership in Peel?
Peel Leadership Centre (PLC) is currently accepting applications from individuals who have an interest in serving on the organization’s Board of Directors. Community members with expertise in the areas of leadership, nonprofits, business development, organizational development and finance are especially welcome to apply.
Our board members share in the fulfillment of the organization’s vision, shape strategy and contribute to the fulfillment of governance responsibilities including oversight of policy development, financial processes and risk management.
Our Vision: The nonprofit sector in Peel will maximize its social impact with strong leadership and strong organizations.
Our Mission: PLC will cultivate, enhance and support leadership and capacity of the nonprofit sector in Peel.
- Commitment to and monitoring of the organization’s strategic goals
- Formulation and oversight of policies
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Assist in communicating and promoting PLC’s mission and programs to the nonprofit community
- Contribute expertise to high level discussions about sector trends, needs and influences
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings (approximately 10 meetings per annum held in Mississauga)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by July 9th, 2017 to Lianne Picot, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org . For further information about PLC, please visit our website at www.peelleadershipcentre.org
We encourage applications from current non-profit leaders, and individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities in Peel, including those from racialized and LGBTQ communities.